Candy Candy Final Story, Volume 1: 352 pages
Candy Candy Final Story, Volume 2: 344 pages
Author: Keiko Nagita 名木田恵子 (also known as Kyoko Mizuki)
Publisher: Shodensha, Inc. 祥伝社
Release date: November 1, 2010 (originally Oct. 28, 2010)
Price per Volume: ￥ 1,680
Soon after its publication, avid international CC fans initiated worldwide petitions to translate the novel in their native language (English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Greek). The novel sparked a huge interest and debate among fans due to the obscured identity of “Anohito” (あのひと), “that person”, the man whom Candy presumably married.
Aware of these petitions, the author had expressed her approval for the translation of her novel in foreign languages, but due to unexpected personal and professional issues, the final decision to allow translations by foreign publishers remain on hold today.
“As I say repeatedly, this novel isn’t the sequel. It’s the novel I rewrote thoroughly. Despite that, the new novel has more 300 pages than the old one has, and Candy in her 30′s looks back at her memories. Therefore, the editor says kindly it’s the newly-written novel… But the content is the same as old one. So, please don’t expect too much.”–Keiko Nagita (translated quote from Sakura’s Japanese CC BBS, Oct.14, 2010)
As the author mentioned, the Final Story is only a revision of her original novel published in 1978 by Kodansha, Ltd. You can read more about the original Candy Candy novels and Candy Candy Final Story here.
- Spanish Translation of CC Final Story: VOLUME 2
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else (a fanfic based on CC Final Story) & the Rose of Anzio (an original novel inspired by CC)
- Spanish Translation of CC Final Story
- The Season of the Daffodils – La Temporada de Narcisos (a fanfiction based on Candy Candy Final Story)
- Italian Edition of CC Final Story
- alexa kang altabe anohito candy candy candy candy final story candy candy novel final story anohito terry grandchester キャンディキャンディ あのひと fanfiction final story italian edition final story josephine hymes kappalab keiko nagita kyoko mizuki la temporada de narcisos novel rose of anzio season of the daffodils spanish translation terence graham terry grandchester the one i love belongs to someone else あのひと キャンディキャンディ テリー・G・グランチェスター